About E. coli Blog
Tests show Idaho toddler had E. coli
Test results show that a 2-year-old who died after eating spinach was sickened by E. coli bacteria, but it’s too soon to conclusively link the boy’s illness with the nationwide tainted spinach case.
The Associated Press reported Kyle Allgood, who would have turned 3 in December, died Sept. 20 at Primary Children’s Medical Center in Salt Lake City. He had developed a type of kidney failure called hemolytic uremic syndrome, which can strike those ill with E. coli.