About E. coli Blog
Child hit by E. coli
Yesterday Erin Mayes of the Union Democrat did a story on a 4-year-old Angels Camp boy who is in serious condition at an Oakland hospital after contracting an E. coli infection last week.
From the article:
It’s unknown how or where Nicholas Kristoff came into contact with the bacteria — contracted most often through undercooked meat, especially ground beef, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.
Nicholas and his sister, Abigail, both were found to have the organism in their bodies, but only Nicholas suffered a violent reaction. Their sister, Elizabeth, did not have E. coli in her system.
A donation fund has been set up at Guaranteed Savings Bank, 479 S. Main St., Angels Camp, for the Kristoff family. For more information call 736-4561.