About E. coli Blog
Cargill E. coli outbreak gets bigger – fallout of beef recalls continues
Three students from Wisconsin and two North Carolina children were added to the number of E. coli illnesses caused by consumption of E. coli-contaminated ground beef patties produced by Cargill and sold by Sam’s Club today.
The Wisconsin students all ate hamburgers served at a cookout before a soccer game on campus. The North Carolina children had both attended a cookout where hamburgers were served.
Sam’s Club has pulled more than 840,000 pounds of patties nationwide.