About E. coli Blog
$15.6 Million Settlement Ok’d In Hamburger Case
A Washington state court yesterday approved the $15.6 million settlement of our lawsuit on behalf of a 12-year-old girl who nearly died after eating a tainted hamburger.
Under the settlement Foodmaker Inc., operator of Jack in the Box restaurants, meat processor Von Stores Inc. and various slaughterhouses will pay the sum to Brianne Kiner.
Kiner fell into a 42-day coma after eating a hamburger at a Jack in the Box restaurant in January 1993. She was the most seriously affected survivor of meat tainted with the E. coli bacteria that killed three children.